Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jessie the Curator!

Here are a few shots from our very successful gallery showing this past weekend. The photographs were taken by teenage girls at a residential treatment program where Mark and I taught a workshop, and where I'm continuing teaching.





Student artist, intern, photographer, studio manager:


We got some great publicity, and people streamed in and out the whole time. I couldn't have been happier, or more exhausted.

The next day I had my second shoot with a Beacon Hill family, this time in the studio. Noah is now 9 months old.


Mama-baby yoga!



This week was supposed to be equally as nutty as the last... but Mark and I both woke up with bad colds/coughs yesterday morning and were out flat. We had to cancel three shoots, and have no choice but to rest up for tomorrow's, which can't be rescheduled.

In the occasional weekend days I have to myself, I've been feeling crafty, thanks to inspiration from all the blogs I read of design nature: namely Design Sponge, Oh Joy!, and poppytalk. I absconded with some wooden wine crates from the wine shop downstairs, and papered them with beautiful papers from Paper Source. So far they just draw attention to my crappy kitchen cupboard and wall, but soon I plan to paint the cabinets white with chalkboard doors, and hide that ugly wall behind hanging pans, spoons, and other kitchen things.



Okay, that's all I can muster the energy for today. I have to drag myself to the studio to get ready for tomorrow's shoot. I'm so buried in unfinished editing and other work that I can't quite see the light... hopefully this coming weekend can provide some catching up, resting, and belated Valentine's Day celebrating.

No comments: